The Essential Question
- At what age should a student make all of their decisions, and what role should school play in ensuring the success of this transition?
Other Discussion Questions
- What strikes you as noteworthy about this scene?
- In our classes and after-school activities, who makes most of the decisions – students or adults?
- Have we asked students how they feel about their role in decision-making? Whether they feel their voice is heard?
- What daily tasks could we turn over to our students that would give them more experience in making decisions?
- Do we pay more attention to suggestions and complaints when they come from students versus parents?
- What micro-innovations could we try that would give students more decision-making experience?