The Essential Question
- What skills and character traits are essential for students in the 21st Century? For career, citizenship, and life?
Other Discussion Questions
- What do you find noteworthy about this scene?
- Our current education model was defined over a century ago. What skills and character traits did the Committee of Ten want young adults to have for 20th Century assembly line jobs??
- On balance, are our students being prepared more for the 20th or the 21st Century?
- How might we critique assignments on the basis of how they help our students develop essential skills? Do we already? Should we?
- How might we assess student progress on essential skills?
What micro-innovations might help us reach community consensus on which skills are essential for our graduates?
What micro-innovations might help us determine our current effectiveness in developing these skills for our kids?