An Innovative School Design
The Essential Question
- Who should be designing learning experiences?
Other Discussion Questions - Primary
What strikes you as noteworthy about this scene?
What intentional design choices were made by the HTH founders? What is gained, and what is lost?
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a very traditional school and 8 being what we saw in this video, how would we rank our school?
In what direction should our school be moving? How urgently? What impedes change? ·
What micro-innovations could we try that would give us experience with a model reflecting these design principles?
Other Discussion Questions - Secondary
- Do our teachers have autonomy to design curriculum? Do students have a role?
- What is gained by having the “teacher as designer”? What are the challenges?
- Do all students need to learn the same things?
- What micro-innovations could we try that would allow us to teach to our passions? To allow students to pursue their passions?