Who Owns the Learning?
The Essential QUESTION
- Who owns the learning?
Other Discussion QUESTIONS
- What do you find noteworthy about this scene?
- How does student-to-student dialog benefit students? Teachers?
- What strategies support student-led discussion vs. discussion funneled through the teacher?
- How might we configure a classroom to support student-led dialogue?
- In a typical class period, what percentage of time is a) the teacher talking to students, b) students responding to the teacher, c) students engaging in meaningful dialogue with each other, or d) students working on their own? How might we measure this? Should we?
- What micro-innovations could we try that would make our classes more student-directed?